WHAT IS STARTING POINT?
First of all, the program is designed to disciple you through a spiritual mentorship program so that you can also go forth and make disciples! This is all based on our belief that God's desire is for:
-Lost people to be saved
-Saved people to be pastored
-Pastored people to be trained
-Trained people to be mobilized
Starting Point, a program created by Dr. Ron Jones, consists of seven video sessions, each about 20-30 minutes, and a corresponding workbook. The workbook contains fill-in-the-blank spaces to follow along, thought reflection questions, a Scripture study guide, a quiz (with answers) to help retention, and a Scripture memory verse. You'll bring your workbook with you when you meet with your spiritual mentor to discuss any questions you might have or revelations that you experienced.
What you can expect in the seven weeks of “Starting Point”:
- You will be surprised. When we dig deeply and ponder playfully, we discover things about God, about walking with Christ, and about ourselves that we never knew.
- You will be encouraged. Nothing is cooler than when you know you have someone who is praying for you and has your back in life’s challenges! Our spiritual mentors know how important encouragement can be when you are taking steps in your faith.
- You will encounter resistance. The enemy of our souls does not want you to do this, and he will pull out all the stops to oppose, distract, and tempt you.
- You will be corrected. The more you study God’s Word, the more you realize that many of your notions about life and the spiritual life are simply wrong. Just be humble and teachable!
- You will be transformed. Jesus promised that those who are spiritually hungry and thirsty would be satisfied (Matthew 5:16). You can expect to know God better and grow in your faith!
1. Growing Up to Be Like Jesus
2. What is the Gospel
3. The Assurance of Your Salvation
4. Going Public with Your Faith
5. Disciplines of a Disciple
6. More Disciplines of a Disciple
7. The Holy Spirit in You